I’m taking this opportunity to join the bandwagon and hate on K-Stew, who, upon my attempt to watch the 2009 movie Adventureland (I had to turn it off midway through because it sucked so hard and she was so bad), I immediately disliked because of her total lack of acting skills. Now everyone’s gone hateface on her because she did some indiscreet public humping with her director. I’m just along for the ride.
Brief Disclaimer: If you can make it through the following clips, you’re probably a saint.
Five Reasons K-Stew’s “Acting” is Awful:
1. Could she breathe anymore flippantly? Is it possible? Every thirty seconds is a huffy sigh of indignation or angst. Give me a break. Use your words, K-Stew. It’s okay, you’re an adult now.
2. Add to her angsty sighs her angsty eye rolls and you’re pretty much at the pinnacle of K-Stew’s acting abilities.
3. AWFUL line delivery. AWFUL. Between stuttering and a total lack of emotion/utterly flat delivery, she makes watching any and all of her scenes unbearable.
4. Any scenes that do require emotion, like happiness, are way overdone and feel false.
5. She doesn’t act. That’s just how she is. So instead of becoming characters, characters became the awkward and annoying K-Stew. Hair playing and flatline sighs abound! Wee!
And just because I’m feeling generous, here’s a bonus #6: I wonder how many flies Kristen Stewart has swallowed in the course of her life considering the fact that she never closes her mouth. BLARRR!!!!
Some time ago, KStew mentioned wanting to be a writer. God help us if she writes as poorly as she acts.