Don is a bad ass. He’s a Vietnam Veteran who snowmobiles, is not capable of drinking so much he could be drunk, has beaten up multiple jerks, loves him some jager, never does yard work without bleeding and never seems to notice that he’s bleeding, and he’s also a pretty ballin’ cook. Boom. Bad ass.
Kate is bad ass because she will cut you with her words, take you down analytically, drink another bottle of the cheap red, laugh at your stupidity, charm you into wanting to date her, and then she’ll cut you down again. Oh, and she’s in a PhD program at 22.
Patty is a bad ass because she could kick your ass, drink you under the table, hem anything, clean anything, fix a lot of things, she has 7.32 jobs, and she’ll do it all wearing a pencil skirt and heels.
You probably are not a bad ass. Bad asses are awesome. They chop down trees, build houses, fix cars, beat up dudes who are assholes, don’t flinch when they bleed, and aren’t afraid of getting a little dirty to get it done (regardless of the it).
Urban dictionary defines bad ass a number of ways, but my favorite snippets are:
- Ultra-cool motherfucker.
- The badass is an uncommon man of supreme style. He does what he wants, when he wants, where he wants. You won’t find him on facebook, myspace, msn, et cetera because he is probably out being cool somewhere.
- Awesome to an extreme level, thereby leveraging unquestionable authority.
- “Sam Elliott’s mustache = badass.”
- Infinitely cool, über awesome, hardcore to the extreme. “Say what you will about Bruce Lee or Chuck Noris, Tsutomu Yamaguchi is, hands down, the most badass example of a badass ever to walk the earth: Tsutomu Yamaguchi was the only known survivor of BOTH atomic blasts. He died at age 93 on January 6, 2010.” There is NOTHING more bad ass than that.
- You are wearing a polo shirt, and it’s not a uniform. First of all, bad asses don’t really wear uniforms. Second of all, polos are for English guys, and frat boys. If you’re English, we’ll allow a polo if you wore it while playing polo. If you are a frat boy, shut up, you’re not a bad ass.
- The sight of blood makes you feel nauseated. A true bad ass in not bothered in the slightest by blood. A true bad ass usually doesn’t notice their own, but will come to the aid of others who bleed.
- You can’t fix or even identify what’s wrong with your car/fridge/sink/motorcycle/computer. Bad asses fix shit. If you cannot fix anything, you’re not bad ass.
- You can’t do mental math. Math is bad ass.
- You don’t know how to throw a punch. Punching is a big part of being a bad ass. Fighting is important.